Sunday, March 28, 2010

Walnut and Acorn Owls!

Ok, so, I don't live near....well, anything. It sucks. There's no craft supply stores anywhere near me. I have to drive an hour and a half for any hope of finding descent supplies! Of course, there's always Walmart...but it's craft supplies are pretty laughable... >_>

Any who, I have decided to adapt rather than just sit around sulking! I've taken to foraging! Yes, that's right, foraging! And here are some of the results of said foraging :)

The little acorns with painted faces I'm going to do something with them next. My entire weekend has been taken up in owl making/nut gathering.

Welp, that's it for now *^_^*

11 comments:

  1. I have a friend that collects owls!
    I will have to show her this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so very sweet! That's so rough not having a craft store close :( I have a Joanns near me but end up ordering most of my supplies online. They never have what I need half the time there. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. You decided for a grat way.
    The owls are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is very creative! I would have never thought about truly foraging to create items. So cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are so wonderful for having such a simple origin.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you all so much for your kind words! I really appreciate it! I'm so glad you like my owls! *^_^*

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are so lovely! I love them all!*-*

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a cute idea for re-using these! I remember seeing these growing up. Perfect project for kids. I'll have to share this idea. Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete